Where do you get your protein? Don’t worry about me, I’ve got dough, bread dough, which hardly cost any dough. You still following?
For some reason, I have been receiving so much vegan protein powder; shared on Olio app, from friend’s clearing their cupboards. It’s had me wondering whether it’s indicative of protein powders being a faddy food that few of use long term?
In a bid to staring using up what I have, I made protein, vegan, banana bread. The flour was reduced, yellow sticker, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, mixed spice, free using Olio. My mum won’t eat bananas when they are overripe so freezes them for me. I paid full price for the own brand vegetable oil which is basically rapeseed oil.
If you want a way of using up your protein powder then give this simple recipe a go.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4
- It would be nice to tell you that I mixed the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. That I sifted the flour, but I’d be lying. The truth is that I put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and watched Louis Theroux whilst waiting for the bananas to defrost!
- I then mixed all the ingredients with an electric handheld mixer. Of course you can use a spoon if you don’t have one.
- Grease a bread loaf and scoop in the batter. You can place a halved banana on top of the batter. The one I added was frozen.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
Enjoy your gains; muscular and monetary 😉